Join the AmCham Belgium team
Digital Content Assistant (paid internship)
As the Digital Content Assistant at AmCham Belgium, you will be part of the Communication & Events team. Your role is to design and implement marketing campaigns to promote our events and other member services, to increase the impact of our advocacy initiatives, and to recruit new members.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team starting in February / early March 2022 for a period of six months. This is a paid full-time internship.
AmCham Belgium is a non-profit membership organization and one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, we have around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. We do this by representing our members in the public debate and by organizing all kinds of events to offer networking opportunities and a platform to share knowledge, best practices and issues affecting our members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create images and video to be used across different online channels to promote AmCham’s content, events and member community.
- Optimize our websites to increase traffic and lead visitors to desired actions.
- Help draft event invitations and update other sales & marketing materials as needed.
- Offer practical support in the organization of our physical, online or hybrid events.
- Repackage existing content for marketing purposes.
- Advise on overall digital strategy.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You know your way around photo and video cameras – we have both for you to use.
- You are skilled with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) – we’ll provide the Creative Cloud subscription.
- You can put SEO into practice.
- You are fluent in English, with a particular emphasis on writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Member-oriented approach.
- Good judgement. Knowing what to say, when and with what tone.
- You have a portfolio of previous creative marketing work to show off!
- Passionate about our organization and mission.
- A six-month paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle / beroepsinlevingsstage). The financial compensation is €813 per full month worked.
- A combination of working from home and in the office. We will provide all the tools you need to do your job right, including a laptop, photo and video camera, Adobe Creative Cloud subscription and access to cloud applications like Microsoft Office 365.
- The opportunity to attend internal and external events (COVID-19 measures allowing) where you will interact with our members and partners.
WHEN AND HOW YOU WILL APPLY
- Deadline is Friday January 14, 2022. However shortlisting will take place on an ongoing basis.
- Send us your cover letter and CV in English, as well as samples of your creative marketing work by email to Ms. Sibille Allgayer at sallgayer(@)amcham.be with the subject line “Application Digital Content Assistant – LAST NAME First name”. Please do not include a photo in your application.
- Please let us know where you saw this position advertised, as well as your availability to start. Please confirm that you are able to commit for a period of six months full time.
- Please note that only candidates based in Belgium and with the right to work in Belgium will be considered, as no assistance can be given in obtaining a visa.
- AmCham Belgium is committed to ensuring a workplace that embraces diversity and provides equal opportunities for all, without distinction as to race, gender, age, marital status, social status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, personality, ethnicity and culture.
- While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.