Join the AmCham Belgium team
Administrative and Finance Assistant (intern)
As Administrative and Finance Assistant, you will assist with invoicing and the day-to-day administration of the office, as well as support in delivering services to AmCham Belgium’s member community.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team in Brussels, starting in May 2021 for a period of six months. This is a paid full-time internship.
AmCham Belgium is one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, it has around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. AmCham Belgium is an independent non-profit organization. In addition to US companies in Belgium, our members include local and other international businesses operating in the country.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with membership and event invoicing, including issuing invoices, payment collection and updating client accounting information.
Office administration (25%)
- Help ensure that the (remote) office runs smoothly by acting as primary point of contact for suppliers and ensuring that all required infrastructure and materials are on hand and functioning.
- Assist with the transition to a new way of working, which effectively combines working in the office and from home.
- Maintaining and enriching data on all AmCham Belgium systems (knowledge center, SugarCRM, supplier lists, key information).
Member Journey (10%)
- Work together with the rest of the team to ensure a member-focused approach and the best delivery of services to our members, including through support on events.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- This position would be ideal for a final year student or new graduate eager to develop their experience in accounting/finance, administration and client (member) services.
- You have experience in accounting/finance and customer (member) service, including issuing and following up on invoices and responding to enquiries on the telephone and in writing.
- You are fluent in English and have a good level of French and/or Dutch (written and spoken), as well as the ability to communicate with tact and accuracy.
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- You have proven organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work both within a team and independently.
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
AMCHAM BELGIUM TEAM
Reporting to the Human Capital and Finance Manager, you will be working in a dedicated and international team with their own specialization and interests.
AmCham Belgium adheres to the government guidelines regarding teleworking under COVID-19. The majority of work will be conducted in teleworking, subject to change as the situation develops.
- A six-month paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle / beroepsinlevingsstage).
- The opportunity to attend our events, virtual and in person (when again possible, COVID-19 guidelines allowing), where you will find inspiration and the chance to interact with our members.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including working with new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM and Exact Online.
- Room to develop your professional skills and have a key role in finance and office administration projects.
WHEN AND HOW YOU WILL APPLY
- Deadline is COB Wednesday April 14, 2021.
- Please send us your cover letter and CV in English and in the format ‘LAST NAME First name’ by email to Sibille Allgayer at sallgayer @ amcham.be with the subject line “Administrative and Finance Assistant – LAST NAME First name”. Please do not include a photo in your CV or cover letter.
- Please let us know where you saw this position advertised, as well as your availability. We would like the chosen candidate to commit for a period of six months full time.
- We are only able to consider candidates who are already based in Belgium and who have the right to work in Belgium (no assistance can be given in obtaining a visa).
- AmCham Belgium is committed to ensuring a workplace that embraces diversity and provides equal opportunities for all, without distinction as to race, gender, age, marital status, social status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, personality, ethnicity or culture.
- While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.