Terms & Conditions
Membership Terms & Conditions
- All members agree to fully support AmCham Belgium in achieving its aim as laid out in its mission statement: ”AmCham Belgium is the undisputed leader in improving business and investment opportunities for the US-Belgian business community.”
- All members agree to fully abide by the Chamber's Articles of Association, which can be consulted on www.amcham.be or at the offices of the Chamber.
- Applications for membership must be made in writing to the Board of Directors, which will decide upon the admission of members to the Association. The Board may delegate this power to the Executive Committee. If the application is approved, the applicant shall become a member of the Association as of the first day of the month following approval of his or its membership. (Article 3.2).
- Membership is renewable annually on the anniversary of the membership. The membership will be tacitly renewed on a yearly basis until explicitly cancelled. (Article 3.3).
- A member wishing to resign must send notice in writing by post, courier or email. Notification of resignation must be received by the Association no later than the last day of the first month of the new membership period. If such notification of resignation is not received, the member will remain on the membership list and will be liable for payment of dues for that year. (Article 3.4)
- In no event will any resignation or exclusion of any member entitle such member to any assets of the Association nor to any refund of dues already paid. (Article 3.5)
- Any member whose membership fee remains unpaid for a period of 30 days or more after receipt of a second payment reminder will be deemed to have resigned his membership but will remain liable for payment of dues for that year. (Article 3.6)
- Membership shall expire automatically upon the death of an individual member or upon the liquidation or bankruptcy of a member which is a legal entity. (Article 3.7)
- A member can only be excluded upon a decision of the General Meeting, acting on a reasoned proposal of the Board of Directors. The General Meeting will take its decision with the same quorum and voting majority as are required for an amendment of these Articles of Association. Such exclusion can be requested if, in the opinion of the Board, any member’s actions are incompatible with the not-for-profit purpose and objectives of the Association. (Article 3.8)
- Patron, Sustaining and Regular memberships are valid for only one legal entity with one company registration number. Group Patron membership includes all legal entities in Belgium contained within the same group. The one entity nominated as Group Patron will have the benefits of Patron membership. All other Group Member entities will enjoy the benefits of Regular membership.
- The membership of a company entitles every employee of that specific legal entity to make use of the services offered to members.
- The membership fee referred to in Article 5.1 is payable on receipt of an invoice. (Article 5.2). Membership fees will be paid through direct debit or, if otherwise agreed, through other electronic payment methods.
- Membership of the Association is valid for 12 months with effect from the first day of the month following approval of the membership. Membership for any subsequent years shall start as of the anniversary date of the membership of the preceding year without prejudice to Article 3.3. The Board of Directors may decide on the modalities of invoicing and may modify the corresponding membership periods. (Article 5.3).
All articles mentioned in the text above are to be found in our Articles of Association which are also available on our website.
Events Terms & Conditions
If your company is not a member of AmCham Belgium, you can register for our public events as a guest.
Please note that you can only register yourself for an event or, exceptionally, also your partner/spouse where this is allowed.
In case of an event with limited space, registrations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. For selected events, you may have the option to be added to a waiting list.
For events listed on our website but not organized by AmCham Belgium, you may be redirected to another organization's website to register.
You will receive a confirmation of your registration by email upon completion of the checkout process. An invoice will be sent separately by email within 24 hours of registration (except in the case of free events).
Fees charged for events go directly to AmCham Belgium to cover costs incurred in organizing the event.
All employees of member companies benefit from the reduced fee for members, while employees of non-member companies pay the full price.
Payment is preferred at the time of registration: you have the option to pay securely online by credit or debit card. Please note a card reader may be necessary to complete the purchase. If you are unable to pay at the time of registration or if you require a PO number, you also have the option to pay later by invoice.
Members can cancel their registration for events in the My AmCham area of the website; non-members should contact the Secretariat to cancel their registration.
Cancellations must be received by close of business, two working days before the event, unless otherwise indicated*. Cancellations made before this deadline will be refunded minus an administration fee of €10. Cancellations received after this deadline or failure to attend the event without prior notice will not be refunded.
Erroneously made registrations will be refunded minus an administration fee of €10.
Refunds will be paid by bank transfer.
* In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are implementing a more flexible refund policy concerning cancellations and we are offering the possibility to join remotely most of our physical events. We require our attendees to stay at home if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough or gastrointestinal issues, or they have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days. In case of cancellation for COVID-19-related reasons before the start of the event, the ticket for the physical event will be refunded in full, and the participant will have the possibility to re-register for the online event where that option is available.
Upon registering for an event, the personal information you provide during checkout will be stored in AmCham Belgium's customer database. We will use your data for invoicing purposes and to contact you with updates related to the event.
Participant list: Your name, job title and company will appear on the participants list, which will be printed and distributed at the event. For most events, the participant list is also distributed electronically to registered participants ahead of the event.
Third parties: When organizing events, AmCham Belgium may transmit personal data (such as your first name, last name and job title) to member companies co-organizing the event or to external service providers such as event organizers, but purely for organizational reasons and security.
Photo consent: By registering for an event, you consent to have your photo taken. Photos of event participants may subsequently be used by AmCham Belgium online or in print, for marketing and communication purposes. If you do not wish your photo to be used in this way, please inform the Chamber prior to the event.
For events where food will be served, you have the option to specify your dietary preferences during the registration process, and we will make our best effort to accommodate all needs.
Changes or amendment of events
AmCham Belgium reserves the right to cancel any event or to change event times and dates. This includes changes to speakers, content and program. Depending on the development of the COVID-19 pandemic or for other safety reasons, AmCham Belgium reserves the right to turn a physical event into a digital one at any time. In the unlikely occurrence of an event cancellation, AmCham Belgium will reimburse the payments received. AmCham Belgium will not, however, reimburse any personal expenses incurred as a result of this cancellation.
AmCham Belgium cannot be held legally responsible for any incidental or consequential damages of whatsoever nature, however caused, by third parties taking part in our events. Participants are therefore advised to ensure that they are themselves adequately insured against claims for any damage, physical, psychological or material, they may cause to third parties, and this during the entire timeframe of their attendance at an AmCham Belgium event.
Revision of terms and conditions
AmCham Belgium may, without notice, and at any time revise these terms and conditions by posting changes online. It is the responsibility of users to review all this information at the time of registration. These changes will be effective and binding as soon as they appear on this site. These terms and conditions will be binding in the event of any discrepancy between the information printed in these terms and conditions and information printed elsewhere.
If you have any further questions, please contact Manuela Mio, Events Coordinator, at email@example.com.