AmCham Belgium’s strength as an organization is closely tied to the successful work of its Committees – they enable us to deliver on our mission of improving the business and investment climate in Belgium. Over 250 volunteers, Ambassadors of the Chamber, make up our Committees. They have the opportunity to engage with both peers and policymakers and contribute to making AmCham Belgium the leading voice in public debates on the labor market, corporate taxation, R&D and innovation, healthcare, mobility and many other topics.
Every two years, AmCham Belgium holds elections to renew the leadership of our Committees. Today, we are happy to announce the new leadership teams.
- Chair: Joost Van Roost, Esso Nederland
- Vice-Chair: Joris Bulteel, Whyte Corporate Affairs
Joost has chaired the Antwerp Chapter since its creation in 2012, while Joris has been re-elected for his second term as Vice-Chair. The team will continue to lead our outreach efforts in the Antwerp region.
- Chair: Koen Peeters, CS&A International
- Vice-Chairs: Kara Condon, Mastercard & Jean-Yves Daxhelet, Interel Belgium
Koen will lead our Communications Committee for his second term as Chair, and Kara continues her long-standing contribution to AmCham – now representing member company, Mastercard. Jean-Yves will start his first term as Vice-Chair of the Committee, completing the leadership team.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS FORUM (GRF)
- Chair: Gert Waelkens, ING Belgium
- Vice-Chairs: Anneliese Daelemans, ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical & Laurent Fierens Gevaert, Philip Morris Benelux
The leadership team remains unchanged: Geert starts his second term as the leader of our outreach activities; he is supported by Anneliese, who is on her third term as Vice-Chair of the GRF, and Laurent, who has been part of the leadership team since 2017.
HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) COMMITTEE
- Chair: David Webber, Odgers Berndtson
- Vice-Chairs: Mouna Ferdi, BNP Paribas Fortis & Stefan Nerinckx, Fieldfisher
David remains Chair of our HR Committee, and Stefan continues his long-standing role as Vice-Chair. Mouna joins the leadership team for the first time as the second Vice-Chair, after having been engaged with our activities for the past five years, evolving from the Young Professionals to the HR Committee.
INNOVATIVE HEALTHCARE COMMITTEE
- Chair: Olivia Natens, Medtronic Belgium
- Vice-Chairs: Kathleen Commers, Pfizer; Dirk Hemelsoet, MSD Belgium & Joan Van Loon, IBM Belgium
The IHC welcomes Dirk as a new Vice-Chair, while the rest of the leadership team remains unchanged. Kathleen and Joan will continue to support Olivia, all playing a key role in improving the healthcare ecosystem in Belgium, in particular through our upcoming Year of Healthcare in 2020.
LEGAL & TAXATION COMMITTEE
- Chair: Luc Dhont, Procter & Gamble
- Vice-Chairs: Dirk Ceulemans, ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical; An De Reymaecker, Vandendijk & Partners & Werner Heyvaert, AKD
Luc will continue to lead our legal and taxation advocacy initiatives with the support of Werner, Dirk and An. An is starting her first mandate as Vice-Chair of the Legal & Taxation Committee. Additionally, in recognition of the outstanding and impactful work done by the legal- or tax-focused Subcommittees, members of the Committee approved a proposal that the Chairs of the Subcommittees be appointed as Vice-Chairs of the broader Legal & Taxation Committee.
- Chair: Dave Deruytter, ING Belgium
- Vice-Chairs: Sandrine Agie, Whyte Corporate Affairs & Matteo Pederzoli, MCI Benelux
Dave and Sandrine were both re-elected for the seventh time as Chair and Vice-Chair of the Membership Committee, respectively, while the second Vice-Chair, Matteo Pederzoli, received his fifth mandate.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE
- Chair: Astrid Ruts, Cargill
- Vice-Chairs: Kurt Beullens, BNP Paribas Fortis & Amédée de Radzitzky, Whyte Corporate Affairs
Our Young Professionals Committee has an entirely new leadership team. Astrid, Kurt and Amédée have all been part of the Committee for some time now, and have already contributed to the success of activities organized by the Committee for our community of young professionals.
Congratulations to all of our Committee leadership teams! We look forward to working together in representing the interests of our member community in the public debate.
We would also like to express our appreciation for the outgoing Committee leaders – a special thank you for the years of commitment and dedication to our work!