The American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (AmCham Belgium) is one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, it has around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. AmCham Belgium is an independent non-profit organization. In addition to US companies in Belgium, our members include local and other international businesses operating in the country.
Our mission is to improve business and investment opportunities for the US-Belgian business community.
Our main activities
AmCham Belgium represents the interests of our member companies in the public debate on issues such as corporate taxation and the labor market, with the goal of improving the business and investment climate in Belgium.
As the best connected trade association in the country, we play a key role in making connections between business leaders and their peers and between our member community and public officials.
We offer our members a platform to learn from each other, share best practices and discuss issues affecting their industry.
Build an active community
- We recognize that community starts at home. In order to create a positive member experience, we strive to create a positive working environment through mutual respect and collective responsibility.
- Our community is strong thanks to our member companies and all the people working for them. We foster a sense of belonging and make connections with and between our members.
- We show gratitude for the opportunity to serve our members and for their engagement in our community. We work to maintain the trust they place in us.
- As a member-led organization, all of our activities are guided by the interests of our community.
- We believe that diversity is a source of strength. It builds organizational resilience and fosters creativity and innovation. We strive to recognize and appreciate diversity in all its forms.
- We value different experiences and points of view equally, within our team and our member community.
- We reflect the diversity of our member community in our activities. We make connections with people in different functions and levels within our member companies.
Act with integrity
- Our reputation is what makes us who we are. We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards to maintain and strengthen it.
- We are coherent in how we communicate and act.
Default to transparency
- As a small team, we empower each other and the organization by sharing information early and often.
- As a membership association, we communicate openly and regularly with our members about what we do on their behalf.
- As an actor in the public debate, we are transparent about who we are, what we do, who we represent and what our interests are.
AmCham Belgium in 2020
The Global AmCham Network
A global network with over 100 American Chambers of Commerce
AmCham Belgium is part of a global network of more than 100 American Chambers of Commerce chartered by the US Chamber of Commerce. AmCham Belgium is an active member of the regional council, AmChams in Europe. If you have questions about investing or doing business in another country, we can facilitate contacts for you with our colleagues in the relevant local AmCham.
Get involved with AmCham Belgium
Learn more about how we can deliver value to you and help strengthen your business in Belgium